God holds the key of all unknown
- God holds the key of all unknown,
And I am glad;
If other hands should hold the key,
Or if He trusted it to me,
I might be sad.
- What if tomorrow’s cares were here,
Without its rest?
I’d rather He unlocked the day,
And, as the hours swing open, say,
My will is best.
- The very dimness of my sight
Makes me secure;
For, groping in my misty way,
I feel His hand; I hear Him say,
My help is sure.
- I cannot read His future plans;
But this I know:
I have the smiling of His face,
And all the refuge of His grace
While here below.
- Enough; this covers all my wants;
And so I rest;
For what I cannot, He can see,
And in His care I saved shall be,