- Jesus lives! thy terrors now
Can, O Death, no more appall us;
Jesus lives! by this we know
Thou, O Grave, canst not enthrall us.
- Jesus lives! henceforth is death
But the gate of Life immortal;
This shall calm our trembling breath,
When we pass its gloomy portal.
- Jesus lives! for us He died;
Then alone to Jesus living,
Pure in heart may we abide,
Glory to our Savior giving.
- Jesus lives! our hearts know well
Naught from us His love shall sever;
Life, nor death, nor powers of hell
Tear us from His keeping ever.
- Jesus lives! to Him the Throne
Over all the world is given;
We, in spirit with Him one,
Rest and reign with Him in heaven.