The God of love, my Shepherd is
- The God of love, my Shepherd is,
Grace He doth give, me He doth feed;
O He is mine and I am His,
What else I lack? What else I need?
- He lays me down in pastures green,
And leads me to waters of rest;
No greater satisfaction seen,
Here I enjoy fellowship blest.
- He brings me home, though oft I stray,
Restores my soul, His will to take;
I yet may fall, He guides the way,
On righteous path, for His name’s sake.
- How marvelous, how could it be
To walk without evil to fear;
Your rod and staff, they comfort me:
My boast is in Your presence dear.
- You’ve spread for me a table feast
To confound my adversaries;
My cup runs o’er; oil has not ceased;
My head anoint; O Lord, increase.
- Your wondrous love, eternal, sweet,
With me abides till all my days,
And in Your house, with joy replete,
I’ll ever dwell, with endless praise.